Since being on this
course, I have learned new techniques and skills. Some in particular have
helped me create our documentary ‘Diverse Greenwich’. Having tutorials for Adobe
software, such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Audition, has not only improved my
skills and understanding of making films, but has also helped me understand the
technical roles of the industry as well. I have a better understanding of Adobe
Premiere Pro which has expanded my technical knowledge as an editor, and made
me more confident to try new things whilst editing.
I feel ‘Diverse Greenwich’ was organised very
well. Our producer made sure everyone was on schedule and where they needed to
be on a particular date. Everyone in the group, including myself, communicated
very well to each other. If someone was going to be late or could not make it
our producer was always informed. As people we got on very well with each other
which caused no disagreements and kept things civil and polite. Personally, I
feel my contribution towards the group was satisfactory. I made sure I was
complying with the schedule so I was editing when I was supposed to and communicated
back to my group the progress I was making. I also contributed ideas for the
documentary and made some suggestions to our director and cinematographer of
shots we could get for the film.
When we
shot the film, we kept the camera rolling whilst they answered all the
questions so in the edit it was my responsibility to cut these down and choose
the best shots to use in the documentary. This meant making the decision of
what to use and what not to use. This also applies to the shots our camera
operator had filmed of Greenwich, as I wouldn’t be able to use all of the shots
he got I had to make the decision of the ones which would fit best in the
documentary and to what the interviewee was saying at the time. It was also my
responsibility to create the titles and credits for the documentary, which I
learnt how to create in Adobe Premiere Pro.
In regards
to the editing, although I applied a lot of skills and enjoyed the process I
feel I could have been more adventurous with it. I feel that I could’ve tried
more graphics work with the titles and colour corrected the images more.
However, because we were going for a simplistic, minimalistic style I think
that I complied to this look by using cross fades in and out to keep up the
sense of momentum and keeping the colour as natural as possible.
Overall, I
am proud of our production and satisfied of how we worked together as a team.
Even though there are elements that I would change next time, there are
positives that have come out of this experience as well. When I approach my
next assignment, I feel I will be better prepared to accomplish the task.
No comments:
Post a Comment